The IPEK - Institute of Product Engineering at KIT is spread over three sites.
- Mechanical engineering tower block (Bldg.10.23.) - Campus South
- Laboratory building at Fasanengarten (Bldg.50.33) - Campus South
- Vehicle and acoustics testing centre (Bldg.70.14) - Mackensen
If necessary, please ask your contact person for details of the scheduled meeting place and relevant site prior to making your journey.
Arrival by car:
Campus South lies close to Karlsruhe town centre and has good connections via the motorway network.
Destination for satnav systems:
Engesserstraße 140 (Adress of the main entrance),
the further way will be explained there (Otto-Ammann-Platz)!
KIT Campus South lies in the immediate
neighbourhood of Karlsruhe Castle
in the town centre and is easy to find:
- From the A5 motorway, take the exit Karlsruhe-Durlach
- Follow directions for: Karlsruhe Stadtmitte
- Follow the signs for "KIT-Campus Süd"
- Travel along Durlacher Allee until the 2nd set of traffic lights
- There, carry straight on until the 3rd set of lights at "Durlacher Tor", turn right (into Adenauerring).
- At the next set of lights, turn left into the main entrance to the KIT-Campus Süd (please register at the gate to enter).
Arrival by train/regional public transport
Campus South lies close to Karlsruhe town centre and can be reached by public transport without any difficulty.
Described below are the approach options by tramway from Karlsruhe main railway station. The precise departure times can be found on the Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund public transport system. Deutsche Bahn timetable enquiries provide detailed information for arrival by train.
- Line 2 (Direction Wolfartsweier)
- Line 3 (Direction Heide)
- Line S4/S41 (Direction Bretten/Gölshausen or Heilbronn)
- 5-minute intervals/journey time: around 8-10 minutes
- Travel until stop Kronenplatz/KIT-Campus Süd (for Mechanical engineering tower block bldg. 10.23); from there around 2 minutes on foot
- Travel until stop Durlacher Tor (for the laboratory building at Fasanengarten bldg. 50.33), from there around 5 minutes on foot
Further travel information can be found here .