M.Sc. Matthias Dörr
Topics and Focuses
At the Chair of Power-Tools and Machine Elements, we develop methods to support the development process with a focus on the specific challenges of the power tool industry. One focus is the development of measurement, modelling and validation methods based on the IPEK-XiL. We consider the user, application and power tool systemically integrative. Our aim is to explore methods and processes to support the product development of systems in which technical systems and humans interact directly with each other. In particular, we concentrate on machines where people are in the flow of power. In the development of measurement, modelling and validation methods, the understanding of the overall system, consisting of man, machine, environment and application, plays a decisive role. This understanding is the basis for the derivation of the design target variables for the individual machine elements used in the product and a driver for innovations in device technology.
As our partner in the appliance industry, we will strengthen you in the competition for innovation through our range of services.
- Theoretical and experimental investigation of devices
- Capture interactions between user, device and application environment
- Development of validation methods for hand-held devices and device subsystems incl. development of test equipment.
- Power tool interaction test bench for performing hand-held device tests
- User interaction test bench for examining user properties
- Automated power tool test bench for robot-controlled device validation
- Portable capacitive pressure measuring foils for the measurement of forces between user and device
- Force measurement technology in device handles for the measurement of forces between user and device
- 6-axis force plate for measuring the application forces to the ground
- Dust sensor for measuring application-related emissions
- Mobile data acquisition system for data acquisition in the field
- 3D scanner for reverse engineering on Power Tools
- Fiber optic meter for detecting strain in power tool housings
- 3D motion tracking system for capturing the user body posture and movement sequences during the use of devices
- Further equipment of the institute can be found here.
Current theses of the research group can be found here.