Mechanical Design 1-2
- type: written
- lectures: Mechanical Design 1, 2 (MACH)
- place: dm Arena, 76287 Rheinstetten
- date: 01.09.2020
- time: 10:00
- duration: 1h
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h. c. Albert Albers; Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sven Matthiesen
Will be published on this page password protected from week 39 on. All participants will get their passwords by mail.
Date: 01.10.2020; Location: Geb 40.44, Hall 2 --> Further information see below --> Link to YouSubscribe
Examination mechanical design 1-2
Please note further:
Due to block formation at the entrance some students have to be present already one hour before the start of the exam! The allocation of places will be published on this page on 31.08.20!
To all students who have registered for the exam in spring 2020 (21.03.2020)
Registration/deregistration for exam MKL 1-2 (WS 2019/2020):
For CAMPUS and POS applies:
- New examination date will be entered by us in WS2019/20.
- The existing semester reference is retained, even if the alternative date is already in the following semester.
- Students will be informed about the alternative date and will only cancel the alternative date if they no longer wish to take the examination.
- If you are registered for the exam in spring (21.03.20), this entitles you to write the exam MKL 3-4 on 01.08.20 or MKL 1-2 on 01.09.20.
- Students who have already cancelled their exams on their own due to the corona situation can also re-register for the new date.
- Please register or cancel independently between 03.08.2020 and 24.08.2020 for MKL 1-2.
- Please make sure to enter the correct semester reference (WS2019/20) in the CAMPUS system.
To the content of the exams:
- The content of the exams MD 1-2 as well as MD 3-4 is covered by the lecture contents of the SS/WS 2019 as well as by the lecture contents of the SS/WS 2020.
Information on the location of the examination (dm-Arena):
- Arrival with KVV: Line S2, direction Rheinstetten, stop Messe/Leichtsandstraße.
From 30.07. to probably 12.09. there will be no trains, but a rail replacement service will be set up. The articulated buses that will be used will depart from Mühlburger Tor at 10-minute intervals during rush hours. The journey time from Mühlburger Tor to Forchheim, Leichtsandstraße/Messe Karlsruhe is estimated at 17 minutes. Depending on the expected number of test participants, the KVV will try to increase the frequency of the buses.
Please arrive by bike or car if possible, so that public transport is sufficient for those who cannot come by car or bike.
Parking lot P1 is available free of charge for car and bicycle drivers
Groups are formed. The admission of the individual groups will take place every 15 minutes.
This information will be updated regularly. Due to the very dynamic developments, you should visit this page regularly.
Updated on 23.09.2020
Further information on the current situation and on the individual courses of study can be found on the following pages:
- For the MACH course: https://www.mach.kit.edu/2537.php
- For the CIW/VT programs: https://www.ciw.kit.edu/2036.php
Information about the exam and all additional dates:
|Location:||dm Arena, 76287 Rheinstetten|
|Registration:||Due to the high workload, subsequent registration by missing the deadline is excluded.
In case of missing or wrongly registered advance performance, please contact the respective contact person directly:
Registration via the student portal.
Deregistration can be done during the registration period in the student portal.
The central de-registration deadline on 31.08.2020, between 09.00 and 10.00, in Room 113, Geb 50.33 has been cancelled. Alternatively, you can send an e-mail with a photo of your student ID and a request to cancel your registration to M.Sc. Rüdiger Fehrenbacher during this time.
The next opportunity to cancel your registration will be shortly before the exam in your assigned room.
General notes on the exam are given and a design task is explained by way of example (including drawings).
The preliminary discussion takes place in the SS
in digital form on zoom. (You can find the password on Ilias)
There is no preliminary discussion in the WS.
Examples for the theoretical and constructional part of an MKL exam can be found on ILIAS under Information on MKL Lectures => Exam Mode / Exam Preparation.
|Consultation hours:||The consultation hours will take place on:
The consultation hours take place in the MKL4 team in MS teams. Instructions on how to join can be found in the practice materials in the current MKL4 ilias course --> Link
• non-programmable calculator
• large geo triangle (recommended!)
• rulers / curve rulers
• Screw, radius, circle and eraser templates
• All electronic terminals for mobile reception of data, voice, image or sound
• programmable calculators
• Rolling rulers
• Catalogues published by manufacturers of machine elements and other institutions (FAG, SKF etc.)
• Collections of formulas
• Construction templates
• Millimetre paper
• electronic dictionaries
Unauthorized aids must be located far away from your workplace. They must be stowed in a bag and handed to the supervisory staff. Written examinations of students whose cheating is noticed will be graded 5.0 (failed).
Pencils, erasers, rulers, compasses and other (permitted) aids are to be brought by those to be tested!
|Results:||This year, the preliminary results will not be put up in the showcase on the 8th floor of building 10.23 because of the distance regulations. The preliminary results will be published via a password-protected PDF from week 39. --> You will receive the password by mail. Link below or on the german version of this Site.|
Only with previous registration! The possibility for registration is offered via the KIT portal YouSubcribe. link above
Start: 23.09.2020, 15:00
End: 27.09.2020, 23:55
Please note that about 500 students want to view their exams. They can view their theory part and their construction part within 20 min. Please arrive punctually at your time block so that we will not have a big crowd.
Please also remember your student card!
If you are unable to attend, you can also send a representative. Please register in advance via Yousubscribe and bring along a (informal) power of attorney.
|Oral examinations:||Students who have to take an oral examination should contact the secretariat after publication (Geb. 10.23, 8th floor, R 802). You will then receive a date proposal which you must confirm.
Important note: .
It happens again and again that candidates do not report for the oral examinations. Due to the situation, we are unable to start information requests this semester. Therefore, please note that failure to register will result in a final failure to pass.
|Your contact person:||M.Sc. Rüdiger Fehrenbacher|