Students are given intensive training in Pro/Engineer Wildfire as well as Windchill PDMLink, a product lifecycle management system.
These are high-end CAD & PLM systems. Comparable systems are CATIA & Smarteam or Unigraphics & Teamcenter.
Based on the course, a complex design task is processed independently in teams as part of the machine design workshop. The results are modelled in Pro/Engineer and drawings are derived from it. This enables students to examine their observations closely and to improve the secure handling of the software.
- Basic and advanced drafting techniques
- Simple and advanced basic features
- Use of engineering features
- Use of reference elements
- Use of parameters and relations
- Patterns and advanced patterns, local groups
- Basics of assembly creation
- Use of top-down and bottom-up methods
- Designing with skeletal parts
- Tools for visualisation and documentation
- Basics of drafting
- Using the associativity of drawing and model
- Family tables, slides
- Structure operations
- Information and analysis tools
- Use of PDMLink webclients
- Use of PDMLink workspaces in Pro/Engineer
- Administration of own product data in PDMLink