Successful participation in mechanical design I.
Konstruktionselemente des Maschinenbaus - 1 und 2
Grundlagen der Berechnung und Gestaltung von
Steinhilper, Sauer, Springer Verlag, ISBN 3-540-22033-X,
also available as electronic paper at the KIT catalogue.
Grundlagen von Maschinenelementen für Antriebsaufgaben;
Steinhilper, Sauer, Springer Verlag, ISBN 3-540-29629-8)
|Content of teaching|
Tutorials take place in concomitant to the lectures.
The Productdevelopment knowledge base PKB will be provided in digital form for registered students. All lecture notes and additional slides will be provided in Ilias.
regular attendance: 42 h
self-study: 80 h
The students are able to ...
- name and describe the function principals of different sealing's as well as evaluate and use special sealing's under consideration of particular boundary condition and choosing criteria's.
- understand the different types of dimensioning and relevant load parameters. They have knowledge about strength hypothesizes, are able to use and perform the strength calculations independently.
- use the basic rules of designing on concrete problems. They understand the different designing stages and are able to name and take into account the requirements of designing.
- describe manufacturing processes and their caracteristics, as well as deriving and using the resulting boundary conditions of designing.
- understand the different effects of component connections and their dimensioning. They are able to choose and calculate a suitable connection and to illustrate their advantages and disadvantages.
- list and describe different bolt connection applications.
- describe their construction and to describe their function by using the spring model.
- reproduce, use and discuss the bolt connection formulas
- understand the dimensioning of a bolt connection and to analyze load states and their impacts by using the tension chart.
- dimension a bearing arrangement and to choose, evaluate and dimension suitable bearings
- dimension chosen component connections mathematically (form closure, frictional closure) and to use DIN 7190 für calculation of a frictional connection.
The students are able to develop technical solutions in a team, to implement their ideas in technical solutions and to illustrate their own working- and decision process by using protocols and diagrams.
Concomitant to the lecture a workshop with 3 workshop sessions take place over the semester. During the workshop the students were divided into groups and their knowledge will be tested during a colloquium at the beginning of every single workshop session. The attendance is mandatory and will be controlled. The pass of the colloquia and the process of the workshop task are required for the successful participation.
Further information's will be announced at Ilias and at the beginning of the lecture mechanical design II.